The Bridges over the Usk

P5220513-450The Bridges over the Usk.

200 yards downstream there is a wrought iron suspension bridge springing 85 ft across the river, built by Crawshay Bailey in 1850 or thereabouts as a short cut to the walled garden.
A narrow Elizabethan stone bridge spans the river Usk, which runs through the grounds. In the 19th Century this was widened over the upstream cutwaters and a further arch introduced.

bridges

For tours around the house please email the agents Chester Master Ltd on admin@chester-master.co.uk